Welcome to our 5th Anniversary celebration page!
Everything that you need to know about supporting our event can be found here.
Date: Friday, May 5 – Sunday, May 7, 2023
Chelsea Hotel Toronto
33 Gerrard St W
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z4
Phone: (416) 595-1975
Book Here by April 14, 2023 to get the discounted rate
Dinner will be at 7pm on Saturday, May 6. Tickets are $125 CAD + svc fee (approx $100 USD). Purchase your Tickets here!
Tentative Schedule of Events:
|May 5 – 7||9am – 11am||Noon – 4pm||3pm – 6pm||6 pm – 11pm|
|FRIDAY||Arrivals/Welcome by GTAAC members||Welcome by GTAAC members/Explore TO/Cirque du Soleil KOOZA||Hotel Check-in/Explore TO (check out our “Welcome to Toronto!” tab)||Explore TO/Cirque du Soleil KOOZA|
|SATURDAY||Service Project||Explore TO (check out our “Welcome to Toronto!” tab)||Explore TO (check out our “Welcome to Toronto!” tab)||5th Anniversary Dinner/Dance|
|SUNDAY||Hotel Check-out/Church Service (tentative)||Explore TO/Cirque du Soleil KOOZA/Departures||Explore TO/Departures||Explore TO/Departures|
As Deltas do, we are coordinating multiple service projects:
- Supporting two (2) Toronto District School Board schools by purchasing books that the schools are in need of. We will be working with a Black-owned book store to supply the books. The schools are:
- Supporting these same schools by fulfilling their teacher supply lists
- Assembling hygiene kits for patients of Sick Kids Hospital
- De-branding of clothing given to shelters for donation to women, children, and newcomers
There are both passive and active ways that you can support these service projects:
* Making a financial donation which will be used towards the purchase of books for both schools and items for the hygiene kits
* When you arrive in Toronto, assist with the sorting of purchased books/items
* When you arrive in Toronto, assist with the assembly of the hygiene kits
* When you arrive in Toronto, sort through bags of clothing and remove the manufacturer tags from the items.
Our Ad Book
You can also show your support by submitting an ad for our virtual ad book. At the conclusion of our event, a link to the book will be sent to everyone who submitted an ad. It will also be posted to all of our social media pages, as well as on our website.
Details are available on Eventbrite. Once purchased, all ad copy should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
1/4 page ad – $50.00 CAD
1/2 page ad – $75.00 CAD
Full page ad – $125 CAD
Different ways to get to Toronto:
Flying – Major airport – Lester B. Pearson
– Approximate drive time from Buffalo – 90 mins.
– Approximate drive time from Detroit – 4 hours
Megabus – If you’d rather not fly or drive, you can take the Megabus from Detroit to Toronto for under $45 USD each way! Visit their website for more details – Megabus
Wondering what to do while you’re here?
Looking for things to do while you’re in Toronto? The “Welcome to Toronto!” tab on our website will direct you to various attractions and events taking place throughout the city. Make the most of your time here by planning ahead.
Cirque du Soleil KOOZA – Under the Big Top – Lake Shore Blvd West, April 7 – June 18
A return to our origins, KOOZA combines acrobatic performance and the art of clowning, while exploring fear, identity, recognition, and power. The Innocent’s journey brings him into contact with comic characters from an electrifying world full of surprises, thrills, audacity, and total involvement.
Delta Sigma Theta members and guests: Use this link or code GTAACISFIVE to save up to 20% off tickets. Groups of 10+, save 25% and reduced handling fees, contact Michael.Ciaccia@cirquedusoleil.com for details.
Ticket Link: Click Here